The Barbados Association of Endometriosis and P.C.O.S. endeavours
“bring relevant and effective awareness of Endometrio
• To increase awareness of Endometriosis, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome and other similar gynecological disorders (excluding cancer) in Barbados
• To provide a voice and advocacy for those diagnosed and living with Endometriosis and Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
• To provide a forum for research and collaboration between all major stakeholders
• To promote the importance of early diagnosis and effective, relevant treatment options
• To provide psychological, emotional and financial support to persons living with Endometriosis and Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome to the best of our ability and within our resource constraints.
Specifically, as we work towards the 2030 UN Sustainable Development Goals of Good Health and Wellbeing (Goal 3), Quality Education (Goal 4), Gender Equality (Goal 5) and Decent Work and Economic Growth (Goal 8), The impact of Endometriosis, P.C.O.S, other debilitating gynecological conditions and “invisible illnesses” must be taken more seriously.
Society must be made aware of disorders and abnormalities, which have not only a physical and physiological effect but also have a psychological association and decreased lead to levels of productivity.
To learn more about our leadership and our origin story, click here!